Iron & Cement
- De-mystifying terminology to provide a clearer understanding of the relevance of industry related information
- Improved knowledge of the inter-relationship between the various technical processes involved with the steel business
- Understand the impact of chemical and physical attributes of raw materials upon the steel plant customer to clarify the value-in-use of various raw materials
- The nature of the role of supporting services like refractories, water, power, shipping to demystify the complexity of the iron/steel process
- The environmental controls employed to improve understanding of the environmental footprint of the steel business
- Australia's role in the global steel industry through analysis of trade flows of raw materials and steel products
ICE has educated the leaders in the cement and concrete industry. ICE courses are world-renowned for their depth and breadth of technical knowledge and their insights into cutting-edge technology. That heritage of excellence continues today through a broad mix of traditional courses, regional programs, customized training.
Cement is manufactured through a closely controlled chemical combination of calcium, silicon, aluminum, iron and other ingredients.
Common materials used to manufacture cement include limestone, shells, and chalk or marl combined with shale, clay, slate, blast furnace slag, silica sand, and iron ore. These ingredients, when heated at high temperatures form a rock-like substance that is ground into the fine powder that we commonly think of as cement.
Cement Manufacturing for Process Engineers
A Computationally intensive 4-day workshop highlighting heat and mass balances. Perfect for process engineers and production supervisors at the plant level.
An in-depth look at the heart of the cement plant with emphasis on making decisions affecting quality and production efficiency. A must for control-room operators and production supervisors.
An outstanding opportunity to optimize raw and finish mill grinding circuits to achieve maximum efficiency. Perfect for control room operators and plant production supervisors.